McAfee is one such antivirus that millions of people use in the world for different security reasons. Apart from making your device virus-free, it also comes along with several other benefits. However, at times, besides offering you incomparable features, it might become the cause of your headache leading to certain unknown issues. As a result of this, what many users do is uninstall McAfee and then re-install via mcafee.com/activate. But, this practice should be avoided because you can always disable or turn-off your McAfee antivirus for the time being.
Why should you disable McAfee?
On an off chance, if you experience that McAfee is restricting certain safe programs from loading, then you must think of disabling it temporarily. In case you really need to open that particular program, you must drop the idea of uninstalling McAfee completely and go with the following steps instead.
The method to turn off McAfee protection
If you have installed and activated McAfee via Mcafee com activate, then its icon must be available in your system tray. Once you find the icon, you can continue with these steps:
- After locating the icon, double-click on it.
- This will open the menu or control panel of McAfee.
- Then, locate and tap on the 'Navigation' link present at the top.
- This will display the Navigation Center on your screen.
- Scroll to find the 'Real-time scanning' option/link.
- Then, choose the 'turn-off' button to open a new window.
- Select an option from the drop-down for resuming McAfee scanning.
- You can also choose the 'Never' option based on your preferences.
- If you select this option, you need to enable the scanning feature manually.
- Click 'Done' once you have completed these steps.
In case your McAfee antivirus is still causing hurdles while you are trying to load some files, then it is recommended to uninstall it for some time and then re-install it again by navigating to Mcafee com activate and log in to your account. Your account has all your subscription data from where you can easily get your hands back on the unexpired subscriptions.